Sunday, February 17, 2019

Weekly To-Do, 2/10/19 - 2/16/19

I successfully got up early every day this week, which means I got a lot done. Lots of good stuff went on, too - I spoke at a writer's group with decent success, I got good early feedback on a review I was scared to turn in, and I got an acceptance at a super duper outlet. Plus, on Friday, I got news so good I haven't really been able to believe it yet, and which I've got to keep private for a little while longer.

Disclaimer: I'm including selected names of pubs and books because making this list would be ten times harder, and therefore not worth the effort, to anonymize them entirely. Any of the acceptances could fall through at any time. By naming them, I am not badmouthing the publications who rejected or didn't reply. This is data, not trash-talk or promotion.

Writing:
Mother Winter review
Handbook review
Sissy review
Denslow review

Reading:
Not Everyone Is Special
The Gutter Prayer
The Bird King
Getting Off

Pitching/Queries:
Southwest (rejected)
Jarrold
Woolfer (rejected)
Room (rejected)
LRB
YWEH to two NM pubs
NPR (accepted!!!!!)
Paris Review
Caroline (agent)
Walrus

Followups:
Prairie Schooner
Bitch (answered/assignment)
S&S publicist
Books I Hate folks (4)

Correspondence:
Barrelhouse business
Locus business
Galley request - Inanna (replied)
WRB assignment (yay!)

Other:
[secret thing]
[GIANT INCREDIBLE NEWS]
Submit "4 to 6"
Critical Notes submission
Promote Surge review
Promote Mother Winter review
Pleiades contract
Finish Ramadan interview
Promote Öræfi review
Attend reading
Speak at writers' group

No comments: