Sunday, February 10, 2019

Weekly To-Do, 2/3/19 - 2/9/19

Looking at this list, I feel like I didn't do much. I was stuck a lot this week - falling asleep repeatedly while reading a particular lengthy novel, playing phone games too much, etc. I also accomplished a pile of long-put-off personal-life things after my search for an ad hoc assistant turned up nothing. I basically lost a day doing all that, but it was still a relief to get it done.

Good news is that my review of The Collected Schizophrenias got a whole lot of attention. I think that's due to Esmé's followers, but it's still nice. And I am caught up to a reasonable point for February. And the year-in-review piece I wrote for Locus appeared in the paper magazine, with a messy but recentish picture of me. (This won't appear online, I don't think. Get the magazine: it's got not only a whole bunch of experts on the best genre fiction of the year, but a ton of statistics about books published and sold compared to prior years.)

yay

Disclaimer: I'm including selected names of pubs and books because making this list would be ten times harder, and therefore not worth the effort, to anonymize them entirely. Any of the acceptances could fall through at any time. By naming them, I am not badmouthing the publications who rejected or didn't reply. This is data, not trash-talk or promotion.

Writing:
Western Wind review
Gatsby's Child review
RotT review
WDtFiYM review

Reading:
The Trouble with Men 
Mother Winter


Pitching/Queries:
MyModernMet

Followups:
Nation
Slate (rejected)
Daily Beast (rejected)
Prairie Schooner
WSJ (responded)
Pleiades (accepted)

Correspondence:
Locus business
Barrelhouse business
Rosalie
S&S publicists
TWRP business
WVU publicist
Heather
Neal

Other:
[secret thing]
Barrelhouse editing & selection
Private client answers
Deb follow-ups
WRB contract
Promote Wang review
Promote Abdurraqib review
Promote Tonic & Balm review

2 comments:

illuminati home said...

This is an open invitation for all of you to become part of the world's largest organization and reach the pinnacle of your career. At the of this year's recruiting scheduler and our annual harvest party is almost at your fingertips. The Grand Master gave us the mandate to always reach people like you, so take this opportunity and join the great Illuminati organization, join our global unity. Bringing the poor, needy and talented
The prominence of fame and wealth. Get money, fame, powers, security, get it.
recognized in your business, political career, rise to the top in what you do, be
Protected spiritually and physically! You'll achieve all of this in
a twinkle of eyes.

The Illuminati have no association with Satanism, Luciferism or any religion. While our individual members are allowed to follow any deity they choose, we operate solely for the benefit and protection of the human species.

Do you agree to be a member of this new Illuminati world order?

illuminatiworld521@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Good new to everyone YOU MUST BE CAREFUL HERE, MOST OF THECOMMENT ABOUT JOINING ILLUMINATI ARE FAKE I WASRECENTLY SCAM BY 12 PEOPLE CLAIMING TO BE

ILLUMINATI AGENT.
I LOST OVER $5000 UNTIL A FRIEND DIRECT ME TO A REAL
AGENT PLEASE IF YOU WANT TO BE A MEMBER OF ILLUMINATI QUICKLY CALL. MR   Emmanuel 

+2349033255083 OK
....... Hello my brothers and sisters this message is coming right from the good Temple of Illuminati, Alot of people have been scam and dupe just because they want to join the brotherhood of

Illuminati, here is the good news 5 month ago I wanted to join the brotherhood of Illuminati but I was fraud and Scan by the fake people using the website on till I meet the right member call : MR Emmanuel  who help

me to be a member of the brotherhood today am so happy because money is no longer the problem , is how to spend it ...... If you need the help of my helper you can Email her at   illuminati666headoffice@gmail.com  or

WhatsApp him on  +2349033255083 ...... May god baphomet bless and make you rich for ever //////////