Friday, September 18, 2015

Your Friday Yes: Less Curation

I set out on a new endeavor this morning, one that is only related to writing in that everything in my life is wrapped around writing. Otherwise it's pretty unrelated. I made this:



I know that the sound and video quality kind of suck, and that the lighting is problematic (if you want to find a solution in my tiny apartment with walls colored such that my skin looks bizarre in reflected light, I'm taking bids), and that I got an audible text near the end, and that I say "um" too much. I wish I were more photogenic. But it was a scary thing to do, to record this video, and I'm proud that I did it at all. This is the face I have, and I finally thought of something to say on YouTube, and I didn't want to let fear stop me.

I hope to have more Your Friday Yes every week. I'll post them here, and do writing-oriented posts on Tuesdays. If my luck holds out.

Oh, and I'll probably buy a webcam in the next couple of weeks. :p

2 comments:

Marc C said...

“You’re gonna love being 50, man,” he said. “Your give-a-shitter just stops working.” -- Jon Dee Graham and the Laws of Subtraction (http://bittersoutherner.com/jon-dee-graham-man-of-few-words/#.VfxZPtsVhBc)

"Less curation" = A good headstart.

:-)

Katharine Coldiron said...

Thanks, Marc! :)